The last decade has seen tremendous changes happening in the Healthcare sector. All this has been made possible by advancing technology. The results of the influence of advancing technology in the healthcare sector are there for all of us to see in the form of Telehealth, which has been exciting and at the same time, extremely rewarding.
Thanks to the Internet, TeleHealth has further expanded and today every key medical service is accessible to the remotest part of our country. Notable amongst the various types of TeleHealth services has been Teleradiology services.
The Emergence of Teleradiology:
Teleradiology reporting is the next level application of technology into Radiology services where a radiologist interprets a medical image, despite not being present at the location where these images were generated. These images can include X-rays, CT scans, MRI Scans and other types of images and test reports.
Compared to the rest of the world, when it comes to tele-reporting radiology, India’s success is vastly credited to the competency levels of its subject matter experts and their ability to stay alert and act quickly when needed the most.
Immediate and error-free diagnosis is extremely vital, especially during medical emergencies. Hence, one reason for the swift and rapid growth of Teleradiology services in India is that most parts of the world are facing a shortage of good radiology services and experienced radiologists.
Benefits and Uses of Teleradiology:
Teleradiology reporting comes with a host of benefits and uses.
- An excellent platform that connects with qualified radiologists irrespective of their location
- Saves a lot of time and effort, especially during emergencies
- Facilitates immediate transfer of complex data safely and securely
- A cost-effective proposition
- Services available 24/7, 365 days
- Achieves the end goal which is patient satisfaction
Tele-reporting radiology can be used for a variety of evaluation purposes.
- Imaging study at medical centres
- Can be used by radiologists who have specialized in a particular branch of medicine e.g., Neurology, Cardiology, Orthopaedics etc. to communicate and share information with their respective senior doctors.
- A very effective medium if a patient/doctor wishes to have a second opinion
- Can be effectively used as a platform for long-distance education
With Teleradiology gaining much popularity, the gap between high quality and timely diagnosis has been bridged to a great extent.
To know more about how this service is extremely useful, please connect with Apollo Telehealth, your most trusted partner for Teleradiology services in India.