Some of the challenges related to the drugs seen in the healthcare industry are:.
- Miscommunication of drug orders.
- Confusion Over drugs with similar names.
- Confusion based on prescription labeling.
"At least 1.5 million Americans are sickened, injured or killed each year by errors in prescribing, dispensing and taking medications"
"Mistakes in giving drugs are so prevalent in hospitals that, on average, a patient will be subjected to a medication error each day he or she occupies a hospital bed".
The physical staying knowledgeable and up-to-date about the medications she is prescribing
- Drug-drug interactions.
- Drug-food interactions.
- Drug-Lab interactions etc.
A pharmacist dispensing the correct drug in correct doses
Nurses knowing enough about medications to identify inaccurate prescriptions or dangerous drug combinations
Consistently updated drug knowledge-base
Drug knowledge-base availability to individuals/patients for cross-referencing
HIPaR is a next generation comprehensive drug knowledgebase system designed to enhance the quality of prescription decision making . HIPaR offers complete drug related information such as drug dosage, route of administartion,side effects,indications,contradiction,drug-drug interaction,drug-lab interactions and drug-food interactions.
HIPaR follows international codes that make it easy to integrate into other clinic/hospital management software .It can also be shared across networks in hospitals,organizations and academic institutions etc. HIPaR standalone CD based application is HIPaR Doctor.HIPaR Features
- Brand Search
- Generic Search
- Adverse Reactions/Side effects
- Drug-Drug Interaction
- Drug-Lab Modification
- Alternate Brands
- Route of administartion
- Precautions and Warnings
- Search by Disease(ICD)
- Mechanism of action
- Drug DB administration-Add,modify,block etc
- Retail Packing
HIPaR Value Propositions
- Provides three dimensional benefits ? clinical, financial and institutionalization of drug knowledge
- Implements coding systems such as ATC and ICD-10
- Integrates into other Clinical/ Hospital Information systems software
- Enables into sharing the drug knowledge across networks in hospitals, organizations and academic institutions etc.
- Search drugs by categories such as
- Generic Name
- Brand Name
- ATC Classification
- Information on alternative brands
- Various aspects
- HIPaR Drug Knowledgebase volume
- 14,557 Brands
- 4,065 Generics
- 25,669 Items
- 7,304 Drug Indications
- 9,845 Side effects