Continuum of Care
In any healthcare system once the patient leaves the hospital or clinic, there is no way to monitor his health, treatment adherence, medication adherence. Apollo believes that in order to provide continuum of care, an integrated system of care is required which will guide and track patients over time through a comprehensive array of health services spanning all levels of intensity of care.
In this regard, Apollo is using a Patient Engagement technology solution to provide Continuum of Care, especially for patients who suffer from chronic conditions wherein multiple visits to the doctor and follow up investigations are required. This post-prescription communication solution for patient adherence and recovery will help establish continuum of care, even when the patient leaves the healthcare facility. In simple terms this solution digitizes and helps capture the prescription information of all OP/IP patients and makes the information available on a dashboard so our call centre team do subsequent follow up calls on reviews, diagnostics/procedures to be done, book appointments for the patient, send them medication reminders via SMS thereby helping the patient stay on top of his health.
Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is a technology to enable monitoring of patients outside conventional clinical settings (e.g. in the home), which may increase access to care and decrease healthcare delivery costs. In this focus domain, problems such as shortage of ICU's in Hospitals, better healthcare for our aging population and preventive diagnostics are targeted. Apollo will provide quality remote care supported by a 24 X 7 medical response centre of Apollo's General physicians who will then monitor these chronic patients to ensure that they stick to their treatment protocol and be available for any medical advice or queries the patient may have at any time of the day or night. This service will also provide better care to elderly patients supported by the use of connected devices for vital measurement, sugar monitoring etc.
- Reach: Telemedicine consulting centres (TCC) can be setup at any rural / suburban/urban places which provides reach to best of the doctors.
- Consultants can examine patients from remote locations without travelling to those locations.
- The number of patients getting specialist care increases.
- Effective care for pre-surgery and post-surgery follow-ups.
- Access to quality health care and specialist care for the family.
- Avoids unnecessary travel - Saves Travel, Time and Money.
- Better utilization of consultant's time
- Consultant's expertise shared over vast geographical area without the hassles of travel
- Increase in consultant's visibility, popularity and practice
- Instant facility to obtain second opinion, cross consultations
- Ability to provide health care services in informal setup like while travelling in car, at home etc.
- Ability to monitor their patient remotely
- Increase Foot Fall: The reach that Tele Medicine provides could enable increase in footfall.
- Build trust and relation: Patients will have more trust in hospital as a brand when we are providing care in their neighborhood.
- Brand: Brand reach increases significantly in the respective geographies.
- Optimize: Optimize the investments made for setting up Telemedicine hubs.
- Competitive edge:Hospital will have an edge over the competition by having this service delivered flawlessly.